Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ok, I'll go first :)

This little bookworm is going to share her thoughts on books whether you like it or not.  So my favorite book still remains Eat, Pray, Love.  I'm not sure how everyone feels about the book but it inspired me to never marry and just travel the world.  I'm also fairly certain it became my favorite book because I read it while I hated my life and would have hurt a small child in order to leave the country and travel to Italy, Indonesia, and India.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have a monk help us find ourselves again.  Not to mention fall in lust with an Italian stud and drink wine like it's going out of style.

A more recent favorite has been Jodster's latest novel, Handle With Care.  I thought it was JUST AS GOOD as My Sister's Keeper.  Picoult loves to tackle moral issues and get you thinking about what you would do if you were in these characters situations.  What would you do if the man you desperately wanted to love you again ended up raping you? Press charges? Stay quiet? Or what if saving your daughter meant taking a heart donation from a killer?  What if you knew you were going to have a child with physical handicaps... would you still have it?  Jodi tends to be depressing and that's why I love her.  Besides these are issues I think about all the time :)

Next on my book list is Three Cups of Tea. Cat was definitely right, it's very hard to get into.  It's about a humanitarian doing good in third world countries, but if it doesn't pick up soon I'm switching to Gods in Alabama.  It's a book about southernors and racism.  Naturally a white girl falls in love with a black guy, what will happen!!!???!!!!

So what is your favorite book? Best summer read? Most overrated book? I'm DYING to know :) Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I want to reenact eat pray love except my version will be eat drink eat. The countries don't matter though I often bring up that my fave part of that book is the pizza that is so good it makes them cry. Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete